Skip to content
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Grease 2.2-litre-capacity baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and carrot. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Add zucchini, pumpkin and rosemary. Stir to combine. Add tomatoes, stock, red lentils, apple cider vinegar and soy sauce. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in brown lentils. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, place potato and garlic in a medium saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil. Boil for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to saucepan. Add vegan milk and 60g vegan butter. Mash until smooth. Add vegan Gouda (1/2 cup grated). Stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer lentil mixture to prepared dish. Top with mash. Dot with remaining 20g vegan butter. Bake for 20 minutes or until mash is golden. Serve sprinkled with thyme.
cook it with
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed, thickly sliced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 500g Kent pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1/2 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 400g can brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 1.3kg white potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 80g butter, chopped, softened
- 1/2 cup grated Vegan Gouda Cheese Block
- Fresh thyme leaves, to serve